Celtic booked their place in the final of the Scottish Cup against Motherwell on Saturday, May 19 after thrashing Rangers 4-0 in the semi-final. The Hoops look set to win their seventh consecutive Scottish Premiership title, so success in the Cup will see them seal back-to-back domestic trebles.
It will be the second time Motherwell clash with Celtic in a cup final this season, having finished runners-up to Brendan Rodgers side in the League Cup in November, but they may not be able to stop the Bhoys this time either.
Motherwell’s Scottish Cup run this season
- (20/1/18) Motherwell 2-0 Hamilton Academical
- (10/2/18) Dundee FC 0-2 Motherwell
- (4/3/18) Motherwell 2-1 Hearts
- (14/4/18) Motherwell 3-0 Aberdeen
Celtic’s Scottish Cup run
- (20/1/18) Celtic 5-0 Brechin
- (10/2/18) Celtic 3-2 Partick Thistle
- (3/3/18) Celtic 3-0 Greenock Morton
- (15/4/18) Celtic 4-0 Rangers
Both sides have had convincing cup runs to make it this far, but Celtic have dominated head-to-heads with Motherwell in recent years. The Bhoys have lost just once to the Steelmen since 2013 but have been held to a draw in their two away meetings this season.
Celtic’s head-to-record with Motherwell under Brendan Rodgers
- 18/3/18 (Premiership) Motherwell 0-0 Celtic
- 2/12/17 (Premiership) Celtic 5-1 Motherwell
- 29/11/17 (Premiership) Motherwell 1-1 Celtic
- 26/11/17 (League Cup final) Motherwell 0-2 Celtic
- 18/2/17 (Premiership) Celtic 2-0 Motherwell
- 3/12/16 (Premiership) Motherwell 3-4 Celtic
- 15/10/16 (Premiership) Celtic 2-0 Motherwell
- 10/8/16 (League Cup last-16) Celtic 5-0 Motherwell