According to reports reaching us, Tyson Fury has rejected “a derisrory” offer to fight Anthony Joshua on April 13.
Joshua is without an opponent for his next fight, scheduled to be at Wembley, and hopes to lure Fury into an all-British clash.
But Fury’s promoter Frank Warren dismissed the offer, reported to be a 60/40 split in Joshua’s favour.
“We’ve never had that offer, no offer has been sent to me,” he told the Daily Telegraph via the Daily Mirror.
“Hearn sent Tyson an offer over the weekend but it certainly wasn’t 60/40. It was quite a derisrory offer and we haven’t even responded to it.
“He would need 50/50, as simple as that.”
From reports we garnered, it appears Fury is more likely to rematch Deontay Wilder after their controversial draw in December.
Their second fight is likely to happen in May or June in Las Vegas, leaving Joshua to face Dillian Whyte at Wembley or Jarrell Miller in New York in the summer.
Fury told BT Sport last week:
“I’ve already beaten Wilder so that’s one down, and I’ll do the same to Joshua if given the chance.
“But I don’t think it’s going to happen, sorry to disappoint the sports fans.
“Joshua, even with two hammers in each hand, could never beat Tyson Fury – and they know it! They know that, they’re not silly.
“It’s a business as well, so they’re not going to take the fight, simple as.
“They may say they’re going to take the fight, they might talk about it, but then they’ll fight somebody else like they keep doing.
“But that fight ain’t going to happen. I’m not holding my breath at all.”