Celtic midfielder Scott Brown believes the Hoops have a mental edge over Rangers ahead of the Old Firm derby in the SFA Cup on Sunday, April 15, reports Daily Record.
The Bhoys lock horns with their fierce rivals in the semi-final of the SFA Cup and are big favourites to come out on top at Parkhead.
Celtic’s results in the SFA Cup this season
- 20/1/18 (fourth round) Celtic 5-0 Brechin City
- 10/2/18 (last-16) Celtic 3-2 Patrick Thistle
- 3/3/18 (quarter-final) Celtic 3-0 Morton
Brown was the target of vitriol from Rangers supporters after Celtic beat them 3-2 at the Ibrox Stadium, picking up sunglasses that were thrown at him to get his own back. He believes his actions may have wound up the fans and club as a whole ahead of Sunday’s meeting which could be used to Celtic’s advantage.
“Somebody threw the sunglasses at me. Of all the things they could have thrown at me. I had them on for a nanosecond. I put them on then took them back off and thought, ‘S***!’ But I pulled it off like Pitbull!
“Will it still be in their heads? It probably will be. Also, us turning up with 11 men and going to Hampden. We’ve had great games at Hampden recently. We’ve played well. We are going into the match on good form.”
The Hoops are in decent form ahead of their SFA Cup clash, coming off the back of a seven-game unbeaten run (five wins, two draws), while Rangers have failed to win three of their last four (one win, one draw, two defeats).
- 11/3/18 (Scottish Premiership) Rangers 2-3 Celtic
- 17/3/18 (Scottish Premiership) Rangers 0-1 Kilmarnock
- 31/3/18 (Scottish Premiership) Motherwell 2-2 Rangers
- 7/4/18 (Scottish Premiership) Rangers 4-0 Dundee