Paul Pogba’s latest statements have re-opened the debate about his future at Manchester United.
The France international had already stated his desire to take on a ‘new challenge’ this summer and now he has sparked fresh speculation by saying that ‘question mark remains’ over his future at the club.
Speaking to a French radio station, the World Cup winner said:
“I’m aware that things have been said. Only time will tell. There’s always that question mark.
“I’m at Manchester. I have fun with my team-mates, I always want to win matches and I always give my best when I’m on the pitch.”
Manchester United’s star midfielder has been linked with Real Madrid and Juventus throughout this summer.
According to a report from The Times, Manchester United already rejected an offer this summer from Real Madrid. Los Blancos were reportedly offering £27.4million plus James Rodriguez, but the Red Devils rejected that offer.
The Spanish giants could still sign Pogba because the Spanish transfer window closes on September 2.
Although, it now appears that Real Madrid is trying to sign Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek and the two clubs are reportedly in talks with each other.
There are also reports that Juventus haven’t given up on their former player and could make a bid before the window closes on September 2.
Manchester United already lost midfielders Ander Herrera and Marouane Fellaini this year, plus they didn’t sign any new players in this area of the pitch over the summer. If Pogba leaves now, Manchester United won’t be able to sign a replacement because the transfer window has already closed.
The midfielder was quite brilliant in the 4-0 rout of Chelsea at Old Trafford and provided a superb pass for Rashford’s second-half goal.
Marcus Rashford grabbed a brace in that match, while Daniel James and Anthony Martial each scored a goal to register an emphatic victory against their old foes.
This recent victory against Chelsea lifted Manchester United to the second position at the Premier League table.