Celtic have been given a boost ahead of this weekend’s meeting with Rangers, with Moussa Dembele, Mikael Lustig and Stuart Armstrong all returning to training this week ahead of their Old Firm derby, reports The S*n.
Dembele missed Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Hibernian but could be in line to start if manager Brendan Rodgers deems him match fit. The 21-year-old has contributed 23 goals in 36 games in all competitions this season.
Lustig and Armstrong have recently recovered from a broken toe and calf injury respectively and were both unused substitutes against Neil Lennon’s side. The pair are expected to make the squad.
The Hoops welcome Rangers to Parkhead in the Scottish Premiership on Sunday afternoon and could seal their seventh consecutive title if they avoid defeat.
Celtic are currently 10 points clear of second-place with four games remaining, although their form in the lead-up to the Old Firm derby hasn’t been too impressive.
Celtic’s form in all competitions (last six games)
- 18/3/18 (Scottish Premiership) Motherwell 0-0 Celtic
- 31/3/18 (Scottish Premiership) Celtic 3-0 Ross County
- 4/4/18 (Scottish Premiership) Celtic 0-0 Dundee FC
- 8/4/18 (Scottish Premiership) Hamilton Academical 1-2 Celtic
- 15/4/18 (Scottish Cup) Celtic 4-0 Rangers
- 21/4/18 (Scottish Premiership) Hibernian 2-1 Celtic
If Celtic can welcome back Moussa Dembele, Mikael Lustig and Stuart Armstrong to the starting lineup against Rangers, they’ll fancy their chances of getting back on track with a win after being delayed in their title celebrations by Hibernian last weekend.