After Celtic lost away to Hibernian on Saturday and Rangers beat Hearts on Sunday, the Hoops now have to wait until Sunday, April 29 to seal the Scottish Premiership title.
Brendan Rodgers’ side are 10 points clear of second-placed Rangers after 34 games and will win their seventh consecutive league crown if they can overcome their fierce rivals at Parkhead next weekend.
Celtic have been fallible of late, dropping points in three of their last five league games, while Rangers are coming off the back of consecutive wins and a three-game unbeaten run. Rodgers men have only won four of their previous nine in the top flight, suffering two defeats in a two-month period.
Celtic’s recent form in the Premiership
- (3/2/18) Kilmarnock 1-0 Celtic
- (18/2/18) Celtic 0-0 St.Johnstone
- (25/2/18) Aberdeen 0-2 Celtic
- (11/3/18) Rangers 2-3 Celtic
- (18/3/18) Motherwell 0-0 Celtic
- (31/3/18) Celtic 3-0 Ross County
- (4/4/18) Celtic 0-0 Dundee
- (8/4/18) Hamilton Academical 1-2 Celtic
- (21/4/18) Hibernian 2-1 Celtic
Celtic certainly have the mental edge ahead of Sunday’s meeting with Rangers, having thrashed them 4-0 in the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup on Sunday, April 15.
Sealing the title against Rangers would be a dream for the players and supporters, but Graeme Murty will be determined to spoil the party and delay the celebrations. Rodgers would be keen on his side showing a stellar performance against the Gers on Sunday.